Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 13 - Monday October 12th

Today I started back to work part-time. So I didn't get to see Zander until early afternoon. The nurse said Zander was having a great day. He was lowered to 2 on his nasal cannula. The Dr said if he continues to progress we should be able to breast feed tomorrow.

We were able to give Zander his bath tonight. This was the first time we have given him his bath. I don't know how nurses are able to bathe infants alone (it took both Mike and I to bathe Zander). Today Mike and I also made a decision that anyone that wants to visit Zander when he is in the hospital or at home must first shower and change their clothes. I hope we don't offend too many people with this request. We are not asking anyone to do anything that we ourselves don't do. This request is to keep Zander safe and to do all we can to keep him feeling well and from returning to the NICU when we get home.


Z getting a diaper on after his bath.
Sorry couldn't take pic's during the bath.


Z getting his hair done


Z getting his hair done by Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment